Thursday


For me the highlight of today was going to the Seniors Home. Even though we didn't speak Spanish, they lit up just to see us. We smiled and communicated with body language. It was genuine. I met Isabel and Margarita. They wanted to express themselves and were willing to receive us. I felt like it was a small place (one washroom, no air conditioning) but they are happy there. 

Personally, it was an answered prayer because I didn't look after my own grandmother. It's rewarding that I could have this opportunity with these seniors because I didn't even visit my grandmother before she passed away. It's not much we have just painting nails, touching hands, but it seemed like a big deal to them. 

Some of the youth were uncomfortable at the beginning, but they participated and it was encouraging to see them step out of their comfort zone. God is working through it by the joy in the lives of the seniors, how they received us, and how we could communicate. 


I am grateful for Rick for the  opportunity and his trust to improve the electrical safety of the farm electrical installation with the installation of ground fault interrupters which will protect the workers against electrical  shock. There is always a chance to fall in them….I am so blessed by the youth and the leaders and the work they have accomplished for the Gospel with the Dominicans. Triune God has his hands upon is with our safety and the desire to connect with the local people. Each day we work, eat, pray and laugh with the workers. It is humbling and heart warming. Thank you for this chance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday

Arrived