Monday

Today we woke up  early to go to the Romano's house for breakfast. Half of us went to construction and the rest of us went on a prayer walk. After that the people who went to the prayer walk can be to the Romanos farm to have lunch. Then we went to VBS. At construction me and the other half help build the inside of the goat pen and we stained the outside walls of the goat pen. Daniel, Rachel and Tim and I got our hands stained by the stain paint but we got some of it off.  After  VBS we drove back to the hotel to get ready for supper at the Romanos house. After that we went back to the hotel to get ready for bed.


Rebecca Petch.


  During the prayer walk, I was truly moved. The first person we talked to was a man named Hiero (I’m guessing how to spell that). He is a father to of three with no wife and no job. He lives near his mother and sister as well. What truly moves me is how much faith he truly has. William asked him if he felt safe there, and he said that he does because he knows God is there. He knows that security is in God, and there are people who are surrounded by guards but don't feel safe because they don't have God. He was so strong in his faith with God, even though he didn't have much. This brought me to tears to see how a man with so little, can have so much hope and trust in God. I don't think I could ever have that much faith in his position, but he trusts that God will provide for him in every way he needs. Now that is true faith. 


Love,

  Jessica


So Hiero lives on the same property as his mother and sister and of course his 3 children. His younger sister Merleene and she is mute and deaf and can not walk as one of her legs did not grow with the rest of her body so she has a toddlers leg in a sense. Alex had mentioned to our translator that maybe she could speak sign language so he asked her mom and the answer was yes. At that time I really felt God shout out to me as for the past year I have been actively learning sign language so I talked to her about her mom and brother which was an amazing experience and there was definitely a reason that God told Tim to put me on the prayer walk team this morning! -Jamie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday

Arrived