Friday

Today has been the highlight of the trip for me. Those who know me will understand there was pain that surfaced as I contemplated visiting the special needs home. God is the healer though, and he met me very powerfully as we went. The smiles of the children, their desire to dance with us and be hugged, and the light in their eyes showed the beauty of their creator. One five year old girl with a hydrocephalus had been left out of the dance party because she couldn't get out of her bed. I had the privilege of holding her and enjoying all the smiles and giggles as I talked to her and touched her deformed hands. The youth blessed me by loving the kids well, even the ones that were hard to love because they smelled bad or peed in your lap. I am thanking God for all these very special children who carry a piece of heaven here on earth, and for the patient and loving caregivers in the home. 

Please pray for Jon Romano's wedding that will take place tomorrow evening. 

Love Diana



My favourite part of today was being able to connect and learn about the kids at VBS. I was able to build relationships with the kids by talking to them in a mix of Spanish and French. It was amazing to hear and see the way that God is impacting their lives. I hope the kids realized that they need a saviour, and that they are unconditionally loved by God.

Paul



Hello everyone,

 Today before VBS, we visited the children's special needs home. This home was filled with children with mental or physical disabilities, which was definitely hard to see. As most people know, I am not very social. I have my friends and then with strangers I get shy and very uncomfortable. Today God stretched me and put me in an uncomfortable position. All these kids loved to hold your hand and dance, hug you or even be carried by you all the time. This was very difficult for me, and it was probably one of the hardest things I've gone through during this trip. God gave me strength though, and as the time went by I learned to truly love the children, and leaving was hard for me. I have found new love in my heart, and pray that the Lord gives me more opportunities to help out people with disabilities. The Lord works in mysterious way, and definitely changed my heart today. I love you dad, mom, Sarah, Jonathan, Barbara and many others from home. See you all in a few days. 


-Jessica 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arrived